As a cosmetologist, I’ve seen it all. From the good, the bad, and the downright ugly, I’ve learned a thing or two about hair, makeup, and skin care. Here are a few of my confessions:
- Most people don’t brush their hair enough. Brushing your hair helps to distribute your natural oils, remove tangles, and prevent split ends. You should brush your hair at least twice a day, and more often if you have curly or textured hair.
- Over-washing your hair can damage it. Washing your hair every day can strip your hair of its natural oils, making it dry, brittle, and frizzy. If you have oily hair, you may need to wash it every day, but most people can get away with washing their hair 2-3 times a week.
- Using the wrong heat styling tools can damage your hair. Heat styling tools can be great for creating beautiful styles, but they can also damage your hair if used incorrectly. Always use a heat protectant spray before using heat styling tools, and avoid using the highest heat setting.
- Most people don’t know how to apply their makeup correctly. There are a few basic makeup application techniques that everyone should know. For example, you should always apply foundation with a brush or sponge, and you should blend your eyeshadow and blush well.
- Using too much makeup can make you look older. It’s important to use makeup to enhance your natural features, not to cover them up. If you’re using too much makeup, you’ll end up looking overdone and unnatural.
- Not cleaning your makeup brushes regularly can lead to breakouts. Makeup brushes can harbor bacteria and dirt, which can cause breakouts. Be sure to clean your makeup brushes at least once a week with a brush cleanser.
- Most people don’t wear enough sunscreen. Sunscreen is the most important skincare product you can use. It protects your skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays, which can cause premature aging, wrinkles, and skin cancer. According to skin expert Amreeta Gill, you need to be sure to wear sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher every day, even on cloudy days.
- Not washing your face before bed can lead to breakouts. It’s important to wash your face before bed to remove all of the dirt, oil, and makeup that has accumulated throughout the day. If you don’t wash your face before bed, you’re more likely to break out.
- Not moisturizing your skin can make it dry and flaky. It’s important to moisturize your skin every day, especially after washing it. Moisturizer helps to keep your skin hydrated and plump.
- Celebrities don’t always look perfect in real life. What you see on TV and in magazines is often airbrushed and edited to perfection. Celebrities have the same flaws as everyone else.
- There’s no such thing as a miracle product. There are a lot of skincare and hair care products on the market that promise to give you amazing results. However, there’s no such thing as a miracle product. It takes time and effort to get good results.
- The best way to find a good cosmetologist is to ask for recommendations from friends and family. A good cosmetologist will be able to assess your hair, skin, and makeup needs and recommend the best products and services for you.
I hope these confessions have given you some insight into the world of cosmetology. If you have any questions about hair, makeup, or skin care, please feel free to leave a comment below.